DS&L's Limited Warranty
DS&L’s PRODUCT WARRANTY
General Warranty:Display Supply & Lighting, Inc. (“DS&L” or the “Company”) warrants, to the first direct purchaser of any of its products, that they are to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) from the date of purchase for all products manufactured by or on behalf DS&L. For any product distributed and sold by DS&L, DS&L provides the warranty issued by the manufacturer of such product to the first direct purchaser of such products. If desired, customer should request a copy of any such manufacturers’ warranty from DSL’s Customer Service Department.
Shipping and handling fees on any returns are to be paid for by the customer. DS&L agrees, at its discretion, during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or to furnish a replacement, repaired or refurbished product of equal value in exchange without charge (except for a fee for shipping, handling, packing, return postage, and insurance which will be incurred by the customer). Such repair or replacement is at DS&L’s discretion and is subject to the prior verification by DS&L of the defect or malfunction and proof of purchase as confirmed by showing the model number on original dated sales receipt or invoice.
DS&L shall not be liable under any theory of relief, including without limitation breach of warranty, breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of or related to any breach of warranty, any DS&L products and the use thereof, or any other acts or omissions of DS&L for: (i) any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, whatsoever (including without limitation, loss of anticipated value of a business or its reputation) or (ii) any damage or loss in excess of the price actually paid by buyer to DS&L for the products that caused the damage. Any action by buyer must be commenced within one year after the cause of action has accrued.
This warranty does not include:
- Any condition resulting from other than ordinary wear or any use for which the product was not intended, including but not limited to any email direction provided by a DS&L representative with respect to use;
- Any condition resulting from incorrect or inadequate maintenance or care;
- Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents or shipping damage;
- Dissatisfaction due to buyer’s remorse;
- Normal wear and tear;
- Damages incurred during transportation;
- Damages incurred during assembly or maintenance; or
- Any used, previously displayed items.
DS&L makes no express warranty or condition whether written or oral and the Company expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions not stated in this limited warranty. The Company disclaims all implied warranties or conditions, including any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Any implied warranty of condition of merchantability, satisfactory quality, or fitness for a particular purpose is limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES STATE DS&L'S ENTIRE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY, AND BUYER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS AND ALL PARTS, THEIR DESIGN, SUITABILITY FOR USE, INSTALLATION AND OPERATION.
All warranty claims must be filed by the direct purchaser to the Company
- Claims for defective merchandise must be made within ONE year from invoice date. Claims for missing parts must be made within 30 calendar days after the merchandise is received;
- Any claim for defective merchandise returns must be packed in original packaging and cannot be made without first receiving an RGA from a DS&L customer service representative and is subject to the DS&L returns policy;
- The Company reserves the right to specify that items be returned to the original warehouse for inspection;
- Pictures may be required to claim defective merchandise, along with a copy of the original invoice;
- If the claim is justified, the item(s) or part(s) will be repaired or replaced or if no longer reasonably available, a credit will be issued in the sole discretion of DS&L; and
- It is DS&L’s policy to replace parts whenever possible.
These product warranty terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Buyer hereby consents to the personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Illinois. Any legal or equitable claim of any nature arising hereunder shall be filed and maintained in the state or federal courts in the State of Illinois and buyer agrees that such courts are a convenient forum for adjudication. In the event that suit is necessary to recover amounts owed to DS&L, buyer shall be liable for reasonable attorney's fees, interest and costs of collection. No agreement or understanding varying the terms and conditions hereof shall be binding upon DS&L or buyer unless in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of both parties. These product warranty terms shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
DS&L retains the right to modify the design of our products at any time as part of the company's ongoing business operations.